Friday, November 21, 2008

Recommendations From the Planning Department

With the release of the recommendations by the Planning Department I feel it is important that we all learn some lessons from the real urban planners, architects, staff, and managers of planning as to what they feel could be built at the site of Ponte Vista at San Pedro.

Below are the four pages of the 37 Page report that deals with what planners suggest could be built at Ponte Vista.

I will post more comments below.

Please click over images to enlarge.


As I read the pages I can understand that R1 is not necessarily the type of zoning planners suggest should remain on the site.
Because I have had a 'dream' or 'wish' that does not include any R1 zoning remaining on the land, I was pleased that my feelings seemed to be confirmed by city planners.
I am still quite surprised that the number of units recommended by planners is somewhat smaller than my 'dream' of 1,080 total units was. But seeing that my total number of units in my 'wish' falls well within the density bonus concept, is also comforting.
Of course, as always, and forever, as long as Bob is not willing to change his current plans, if he still has any, and until plans are brought for a real compromise, then the site must remain R1, NO COMPROMISE!
Bob has had more than plenty of time to work with others to create a reasonable compromise.
Of course I will have more on this blog and www.pontevista.blogspot.com in the near future.



No comments: