Saturday, January 26, 2008

Today's More San Pedro Article About the McCowan's Site

First off, if you want to create a comment on the article by visiting www.dailybreeze.com, it is going to take some digging to get to the article and spot for commenting.

I had to use the search area to type in "More San Pedro" because I couldn't find it on the home page of the site. Perhaps I wasn't looking hard enough on the newly redesigned site.

I had to go to the second page of the link to find Ms. Littlejohn's article.

Of course I giggled when I read the article in the actual More San Pedro and then again when I reread it on the newspaper's Web site.

A friend of mine who Emailed me this morning uses things like "@#$%^&*" to describe her feeling on what she read coming from Mr. Rosenthal.

Some people feel Mr. Rosenthal will create a limited liability corporation which he and possibly a partner will own, and move title to the properties over to the LLC.

We have also learned that Mr. Rosenthal has applied for a demolition permit for the building that stands on three lots on the corner of 20TH Street and Walker Avenue.

Would a property owner be quick in demolishing a building just to put a park in its place? You will need to answer that question using your own thoughts.

Whether a park is truthfully being considered by Mr. Rosenthal is not something I know.

But I will consider that anyone and everyone who considers having condominiums built on the approximately 17,000 square feet of property under the market a very bad idea, should probably want to get involved in some form or another.

A good showing of concerned members of OUR community at Monday evening's Coastal San Pedro Neighborhood Council would be a great thing to have happen, I feel.

Perhaps Ms. Littlejohn or Ms. Jones from the Daily Breeze and/or a reporter from Random Lengths News might come to the meeting and ask for your comments about the issue.

I don't think it would hurt showing support to and for the neighborhood that will be impacted should condominiums get approval to be built.

The meeting begins at 6:30 PM at the Cabrillo Community Center, which is near Berth 28, behind the hotel that is located at the Cabrillo Marina.

A good friend of mine gave me a picture of a pig, with little wings, perched on a telephone line between two poles. ( We both work for a "telephone" company). I imagine that if that pig could fly up to that line, a park could get built at the site.

The park should be called McCowan's Park in my opinion, because of the honor the McCowan family bestowed on OUR community by having three supermarkets in San Pedro and being so wonderful to several generations of OUR community.

If you do happen to come upon a pig sitting on wires between poles, don't stand underneath one. It seems that just before the pig takes flight, it takes a number 2, to lighten its load.

Perhaps flying pigs and some comments from Mr. Rosenthal have some number 2 in common.

No comments: